To receive accreditation as an AAMET Certified EFT Practitioner or EFT Advanced Practitioner, students need to successfully complete the following activities within 12 months of the completion of their EFT Level 2 or Level 3 training or refresher course.
The requirements are very similar for both EFT Practitioner and EFT Advanced Practitioner.
- Become a member of AAMET if they are not already. A Practitioner-Candidate must be an AAMET member to access the exam and generally joins as an EFT Student member at this time.
- Pass an on-line Multiple Choice exam which can only be accessed from the AAMET International website. The answers to the exam should include material covered during your Level 1 and 2 training courses (or Level 3 training for Advanced Practitioner) and may be found within the training manual provided. Students are given 3 attempts to achieve the 80% pass mark and results are sent directly to the student. The AAMET will also have access to the results for audit purposes. There is a small administration fee for the exam which is paid at the time that the exam is taken.
- Complete 50 Practice Sessions: To become certified, students must now complete a minimum of 50 practice sessions of 45 minutes or longer, with at least 20 different individuals. To ensure that as certified practitioners and advanced practitioners you have actual working experience – and not just classroom knowledge – of EFT. You will have to keep a log of your practice sessions.
- Submit Four Case Studies: Submit to the trainer a minimum of four written case studies (four x one hour sessions). One of these studies should be self-work. The studies should demonstrate knowledge and application of skills gained during Level 1 and Level 2 training (or Level 3 training for Advanced Practitioner). An example Case Study and Case Study Guideline booklet will be supplied to each student by the Trainer to assist case study work. The Trainer will mark the studies and offer feedback and support as required.
- Submit a complete EFT session: The trainer will have to observe and evaluate a full EFT session from each student. In place of a live, in-person session, the trainer may instead allow and evaluate a video- OR audio-recording of a live session. The live session (and follow-up discussion) will then count as one of the mandatory case studies.
- Receive a minimum of six hours supervision/mentoring Attend six hours of either one to one, or group, supervision with any AAMET Approved Supervisor. This can be conducted face to face, over the phone, via Skype, webinar or email.
- Complete any additional, discretionary requirements as outlined by the AAMET Master Trainer / Supervising Mentor during the certification process. Mentors may require additional client sessions / practice hours, 1-to-1 mentoring meetings or case studies as needed to complete their assessment.
While these criteria may seem to be a lot of work, completing them will give the student the confidence that they can work well with clients, and that the client who seeks out an Accredited EFT Practitioner or Advanced EFT Practitioner can have the confidence that they will be seeing a skilled practitioner.
Once the Practitioner-Candidate has successfully completed all of the requirements and the Supervising Mentor (usually the trainer) is confident that they have sufficient knowledge of EFT skills and the experience to use them safely with clients, the trainer will give issue them an EFT Practitioner or EFT Advanced Practitioner Certificate as appropriate.
The Supervising Mentor will then inform the AAMET Membership Secretary that all requirements have been met. The Membership Secretary will then invite the Candidate (via email) to upgrade their membership on AAMET.org from EFT Student to AAMET Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner (or from Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner to Accredited Certified Advanced EFT Practitioner as appropriate)
EFT Practitioner & Advanced EFT Practitioner Certification Support Package
If you wish to apply for AAMET EFT Practitioner or Advanced EFT Practitioner Accreditation you will need to sign up for the Certification Support Package which includes:
- The marking and feedback for the 4 required in-depth case studies
- In depth review and discussion of recorded / live session.
- One 60 minute or 2 x 30 minute review of progress before certification.
The Certification Support Package costs £125 and requires a £50 non-refundable deposit followed by a £75 payment for the review of case studies / recorded session.
The purpose of the training and the certification process is to guarantee that candidate-practitioners are skilled enough to work with a wide range of issues with their clients. You can read more about this in Your Life In Their Hands?
Important: The EFT Practitioner Certificate or Advanced EFT Practitioner Certificate will only be issued on successful completion of all the requirements as assessed by the Trainer or Supervising Mentor.
Maintaining Accreditation Status
To maintain AAMET Accredited, Certified EFT (Advanced) Practitioner status, members must fulfil annual CPD and supervision/mentoring requirements.
- The CPD (Continuous Professional Development) requirements are 30 hours of EFT-related study (i.e. videos, workshops, books, audio presentations, etc.)
- The Supervision/Mentoring requirements are 6 hours annual mentoring (as an individual or in a group of 8 or less) with an AAMET Master Trainer or an Approved Supervisor (a Certified, Advanced EFT Practitioner who has been approved by AAMET to offer annual Supervision / Mentoring).
These requirements are to ensure that practitioners are able to provide a high quality of EFT to their clients.