If you have, or someone you care for has, cancer you may be familiar with the following emotional side effects.
- Worry and anxiety about an uncertain future.
- Anger and resentment about your new situation.
- Sorrow and sadness about the loss of your previous life.
- Stress and anxieties about the treatment.
If any of these apply to you then you may like to attend a FREE introductory talk presented by Andy Hunt of Practical Wellbeing, where he will discuss new stress reduction techniques and ‘Softening the Blow’, a new three hour stress relief workshop specifically for cancer patients and their carers.
In the talk he will describe and demonstrate how significant stress reduction can be achieved using combining Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) with meditation and relaxation. Once you know these techniques you can use them to quickly reduce your stress and anxiety levels and build up your levels of resilience for an uncertain future.
If you would like to learn more about new stress reduction techniques, and how they can help you, feel free to come along to either of the talks.
The talks are taking place in the Teaching Centre at St Oswald’s Hospice, Regents Avenue, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne on:
- Wednesday, August 9th from 1pm to 3pm.
- Saturday, August 12th from 10am to 12pm.
Each talk is free, but you must book a place