Do you work with people who have experienced a trauma?
People’s responses to trauma vary widely, some people just pick themselves up and get on with it, others are very uncomfortable remembering the event, others may re-live it in terrible clarity suffering intrusive memories, flashbacks or full blown PTSD.
Working with people who have suffered a trauma with conventional counselling techniques may only serve to increase their discomfort by forcing them to re-live the events, something they are probably trying hard to avoid.
STEP is a one day training for practising therapists, counsellors, mental health practitioners who work with trauma victims. The training covers the effective use of Emotional Freedom Techniques and NLP Eye Movement Integration for working with and resolving trauma quickly and gently.
Do any of these apply to you?
- You want to help people recover from trauma quickly but what you are doing now doesn’t seem to work very well.
- You want to have more effective tools to work with traumatised clients
- The stories clients tell you when working with their traumas trouble you emotionally.
- You have the feeling that there must be an easier and better way to help someone overcome their traumatic experiences.
With our STEP training you will get
- Two effective and powerful tools to resolve trauma.
- An understanding of where, when and how to use them.
- Follow up supervision
STEP training takes place in Newcastle on 12 February and 28 March. From 9.30am – 5.30pm and cost only £95.00.
To find out more click on Simple Trauma Elimination Process