This excellent stress relief tip comes courtesy of Charlie Curtis of the Art Of NLP Yahoo newsgroup.
This is a simple stress reduction process that allows you to slow down and get a pleasant sense of yourself. The pause between each instruction is essential, the more you can ‘settle into the instruction’ the more calming it will be.
Pause as long as you want after each step below, a minimum of 30 seconds, 1 minute or more is better.
- Sit or lie in a relaxed position with the eyes closed.
- Notice how your body feels against the chair.
- … how your clothes feel against your skin.
- … the temperature of the air around you.
- … the quiet and peaceful sounds around you
- … the sensation of being alive.
- … how you are more peaceful, still and quiet.
- … the comfort of resting in a relaxed position.
- … the quiet rhythm of your breathing.
- … how good you feel, how relaxed you are.
So, how was that for you?