Here’s a simple technique based on the NLP Solitaire process that can be a useful pick me up when you are feeling a little down. All you need is a pack of blank index cards and a little time to get things started.
One way of thinking of these cards is as though they were an emotional snap shot album of all your best moments. As you know, you will start to feel good if you look through a favourite snap shot album.
On each blank index card write a few words that describe a happy or (positive) powerful life experience. You don’t need to write an essay just a few words that bring the experience to mind. Read what you’ve written for a moment and step back into that experience to really enjoy it.
Continue adding to your collection of ‘happy cards’. You will need at least 20 cards, the more the better. You can add extra cards to the collection at any time.
When you are bothered by something, or you are in a mood that’s difficult to shake off.
- Make a mental note of how you are feeling.
- Shuffle your cards and take one.
- Read the description on the card and once more step back into that experience.
- After a short while, if you are still feeling out of sorts, take another card, read the description and step into that happy experience.
- Keep reading and ‘stepping into’ the experiences on the cards until your mood lifts.
- How are you feeling now? How does that compare to how you were when you began?
When you think of other positive experiences, or have some new ones, make a note of them on an index card and add them to your collection.
Please note: If the unhappy experience you are having at the moment is very severe this process may not be as helpful as some of the other EFT and NLP techniques that are available.