At long last, I finally finished the Getting Out Of Your Own Way ebook and book.
Getting Out Of Your Own Way, is a straightforward and thorough guide to uncovering and dissolving many of your hidden limiting beliefs and blocks the â€˜Resistance’ the unconscious saboteurs that stand in the way of your progress.
Who is this book for?
How do you know if you suffer from â€˜Resistance’? Here are some common symptoms:
- Difficulty in making a start on a piece of work: Do you find yourself constantly putting back your starting time and never actually getting going? Are you often waiting for the ‘right moment’ to start or for inspiration to strike you?
- Craving diversion: Does the need to tidy your room, do the shopping, surf the internet and so on become irresistible whenever you contemplate getting down to work? Are you easily distracted from your work by friends and social opportunities?
- Ineffective working: Do you spend a lot of time at work but end up with little to show for it?
- Last minute rushing: Is all your work finally done at a breakneck speed the night before the final deadline? Do you often think you have not left yourself time to do things properly?
- Missed deadlines: Do you feel you are always asking for more time and making excuses? Are you losing opportunities and respect because you are always late?
- Nagging guilt: Is your time off relaxing spoilt by the continual feeling that you ought to be working? Do you often feel you have achieved less than you should have?
- Disappointment and self-reproach: Do you feel you are letting yourself down by putting things off? Do you think of yourself as lazy? Do you compare yourself unfavourably with others because of your procrastinating?
In this book you can learn simple processes to bring limiting beliefs and blocks into awareness, then use Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) based processes to neutralise those blocks so that you get on with what you want to do without procrastinating, dragging your feet, avoiding the work, all the ways in which we get in our own way
The techniques in this book combine EFT and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) approaches that I have developed in my own personal exploration of what gets in my way when I set out to achieve something.
The techniques are simple and practical. You don’t need any advanced EFT or NLP training to make use of them, but you do need to know how to do EFT (if you have no experience of EFT you will find a brief introduction at the end of this book which will give you an understanding of the basics).
This book is for people who want to discover and change their limiting beliefs. It is suitable as a guidebook for therapists and coaches to help their clients explore what is stopping them, it is also useful for people who want a self-help guide to spotting and eliminating the blocks in their own progress.
Why Did I Write This Book?
I am a recovering procrastinator. I used to be a top class foot dragger. If there were ways for me to avoid doing things I would find them. I was a master at starting projects and then finding a way to have them fizzle out or limp along in a half-hearted manner. When I started my own business this ‘skill’ because a disadvantage. I’ve been experimenting with ways to get out of own way ever since.
This has been a long, slow process. I’ve read many books, listened to a lot of recordings, attended seminars, workshops, NLP and EFT trainings. Out of this stew of influences I started to develop ways of identifying and working with my blocks.
After each success I got a little more room to manuever and things got easier. As a result of several years of experimentation and progress I came up with the Getting Out Of Your Own Way method.
I use this approach for myself on every new project, because I am much more likely to finish what I start, doing the work without excessive stress or any of my old foot-dragging.
Click here: Getting Out Of Your Own Way - Preview - Chapters 1-6 (1095 downloads) to read the first six chapters free of charge.
To find out more about the book and the various packages available visit Getting Out Of Your Own Way
I hope you find it useful.
Now that I have completed it I think I will have a long lie down in a darkened room!