They are short, convenient, inexpensive and easy to access wherever you are in the world.
What’s not to like?
If the course is offering you a ‘Practitioner Certificate’ for watching a few hours (or less) video and reading a couple of articles then there is quite a lot not to like.
In the video above I had a quick rant about why I thought short online EFT ‘Practitioner’ courses are a bad idea.
This article is an in depth look at these courses and why they are well worth avoiding if you want to become a confident, competent practitioner of EFT.
I’m going to talk about EFT because that’s where I have the most experience but what follows applies equally well for NLP, Hypnotherapy or any other ‘healing skills’ being ‘taught’ in these courses.
There are lots of different online courses available, but this article focuses on the trainings that are:
- Low cost
- Low effort – you only need to watch videos and read articles.
- Short duration – anything from 39 minutes (!) to 8 hours.
- Implying or promising that you will be able to use your new skills with other people.
- Promise you some kind of ‘Practitioner Certificate’ of some sort when you have completed the course.
- One way only – that is you get no observation or feedback from the trainer during the training.
- One off – there is no continuing support after the training
All that glisters is not gold
These courses often have impressive, official sounding titles:
- EFT / TFT Tapping Master Practitioner Certification (Expert)
- EFT & TFT Tapping Practitioner Certification
- Professional Accredited EFT Diploma Course
They always promise amazing results
- Become an awesome EFT Practitioner
- Help others to rid themselves of negative and disempowering emotions
- Uncover the deeper levels of helping that EFT and TFT can provide
If you are thinking of taking such a course because you want to become an ‘EFT Practitioner’ please look elsewhere.
If you are emotionally distressed and thinking of taking your problems to an ‘EFT Practitioner’ who has only taken a short online course please look elsewhere.